We are closed for the season. Thank you all for your support and love this year. See you on March 6th!
"I have a great job, am well supported by an outstanding group of people, and enjoy offering people quality, memorable merchandise."
Position: Assistant General Manager
Responsibilities: Insures the smooth operation of the store and ticket area including staffing and training, as well as introducing new products into the Reptile Gardens Gift Store.
With an eye for market trends in the retail industry, Jeff develops the Reptile Gardens product line, establishes relationships with vendors, and is always on the lookout for new ideas for the shop. He works closely with merchants and managers, handles purchasing, budgeting, and accounting for his department, and always ensures quality service.
His buying trips include the huge Gem & Mineral Show in Tucson and the annual Denver Gift Show, where he seeks out new and unique items for the Gift Store.
“I love seeing happy families and especially children come into the shop after their reptilian adventure! They’re always so excited about their experience.”
Jeff notes the most popular items are the plush animals of Maniac and Methuselah, and of course, the t-shirts.
First job at the Gardens
Jeff was originally hired to be a reptile show presenter, but he admits his first few appearances on stage were complete disasters.
“I once had 2 snakes out of their cages at the same time (which is bad, there should have been only one); I later had a Jamaican Boa wrapped around my arm and every time I moved, he would sink its teeth deeper into my arm. I’ve also tripped over an alligator, and lost my 2-way radio in the croc pool.”
Things to know about Jeff
- His grandfather is Earl Brockelsby.
- His father was a herpetologist and college professor.
- He has a wife and 2 children; his youngest is afraid of snakes.
- He started working in the Gift Store in 2000, when he gave up snakes, but still enjoys the shows and still makes an appearance once in awhile.
- He graduated from Colorado State with bachelors degree in teaching.
- Outside of work: following his children's sports teams, working in the yard, and enjoying the Hills.