Protect & Inform: Dangerous Reptile Safety
We use our specialized knowledge and skill to advise government officials and train reptile Curators to safely handle dangerous reptiles of all sizes and types:
- Provide snake and antivenom information to the federal government for multiple US Presidential trips overseas.
- Training courses for keepers and Curators of many major zoos around the country, including
- San Diego
- St. Louis
- Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha
- Denver Zoo
- the zoos in Dallas and Ft. Worth
- Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle
- Miami Metro Zoo
- Tampa Zoo
- Chicago’s Lincoln Park Zoo
- Brookfield Zoo
We also assist animal control officers. Our policy for Law Enforcement situations: "We are willing to help in any way, anytime, anywhere.”
- In cases that could potentially result in a danger to the general public - a person has a venomous snake for a pet, or someone's large iguana suddenly decides to obstruct traffic –law enforcement officials throughout the country contact us for advice, as well as our facilities and ability to accept dangerous reptiles.
- We have aided in seizures regarding illegally held venomous snakes in a number of different states.
- Professional assistance for local and federal law enforcement officials during confiscations.